Sunday, December 26, 2010

Old Man hits Lofton Chic

A young woman who lives in my house (not me) got some fabulous new Christmas clothes from Santa and her...we'll just call him her boyfriend... She came out looking so chic today for our lunch date.

Though I am apparently not allowed to use her Name or show her Face, here is what her outfit:
When I saw her I shrieked in excitement because, well, she looks fabulous. Good combo of color, not too matchy-matchy, nice use of bling vs. grunge. She worked. The only thing I could have added was a cool hat or like a purple, un-ironed plaid and she would have looked like she belonged in Little 5. No bragging, but she's related. :)

But then, suddenly, I flipped my head or blinked or something and I saw OLD MAN. Flash and then it hit me. This girl just mixed all of my grandfather's favorite wardrobe selections together...well not my grandfather, but someone's I am sure.

I'll break it down for you.

First we start with the sweater. Through all of these examples, I went to Google, typed in "old man sweaters" and so forth. Here's what I found for old man sweater:
 
Color variance, sure. But, in reality Victoria's Secret stole their winter line from your grandpa. Even this cardi you could do a lot with. Simply Classic.

The UGG boots in the top photo are very popular, but they always have been.
Then there's that blinged out white watch and look what was on the first page of the Google search:
I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but my grandfather actually does wear the same brand white t's that this young lady is sportin' in this picture.

My analysis? We women have gotten smart. Although I am a FIRM believer in cute over comfort, we have taken over the cool, laid back look of our fathers'. Apparently heels are out and men socks are in. Oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment