Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jersey Shore comes to Spanish class

A huge Spanish test is coming up and my professor is going over some grammar that has been particularly complicated for most of us; for once, I am beginning to get it :)

To begin with, she was saying questions out loud to the class and we were, in turn, supposed to answer. Even as a full class, we were getting them wrong. Slowly she would explain that we were all wrong, yet again, and then start over with the instructions. She wrote diagrams on the board (in Spanish...but I won't criticize her teaching habits...), made up cute little sayings (again in Spanish...just to be clear), and finally the class as a whole started doing better.

My teacher progressed to calling on individual students and at one point the majority of the class raised their hands. She called on a girl at the front and the girl repeated back the correct response. Ding, Ding...we were getting it.

There is a nice guy who sits a few seats back from me. He's real funny and pretty good at Spanish. After the girl at the front answered her questions, my teacher looks past me and asks if the boy had a question.

"?Pregunta?"
The guy says, "Oh no. I got the answer right. I was just fist pumpin' to my success."

The class bursts into laughter and all my professor managed to say is, "Bueno" with a huge, confused smile on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment