Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sandwich line

I am still on the meal plan at UGA...eh. That's about all I feel about the meal plan. I am indifferent except to the fact that I get lots of good material from it. Today I give you the brief dialog of a sandwich line conversation that I witnessed:

Girl A: We are going to call her Sandy, because she made the sandwich. Judging a book my her cover and all, she was kinda funky, but obviously intelligent, as you shall see.
Girl B: Not so intelligent, and seemingly stuck way up. We are going Boujie for reason's you shall see.

Here goes:

Sandy: (friendly smile): Would you like it [sandwich] cut in half?
Boujie: Ummm, yeah. But, can you cut it in triangles? I know that's weird, right?     (unnecessary "right?")
Sandy: No problem. I read an study about how people who cut their sandwiches into triangles are of an elite nature and are usually really intelligent.Can you believe a whole group of scientist study people's sandwich habits?
Boujie: Oh My Gosh, Really?! Haha, thanks. (Takes her sandwich and walks away)
Sandy: Sure! (fake smile)

Brief, right.

Well, Sandy lied. How do I know? Sandy's eye roll  was issued about the time the lovely Boujie walked away...And the fact that I do that, too.

It's simple really. You can make anyone believe anything you say as long as you put in one of the following:
"I read that..."
"I saw a study on..."
"On the History Channel..."
It tends to work better if you seem trusting and you are quick, as Sandy was. Also, if you can squeeze in a date or any other relevant information on the "study" you can hook people really easily. Notice Boujie did not say, "I am going to check your source." This is the real world, and people believe anything.

It also really helps if the person is kinda...well, dumb. And egotistic.

1 comment: