Thursday, October 6, 2011

Purple vs. Lavender

I don't like the color purple. Not The Color Purple, but the literal hue. Purple makes me think of Barney, bright backpacks and shoes worn by seven-year-old girls who skip, not walk, through the halls of their elementary schools, and of course the Dimetapp grape medicine I've never liked. Purple resonates with fake grape and, for some reason, the word fluff. I don't like it.

Lavender, on the other hand, is sophisticated and cannot, or more should not, be grouped into the dreaded Purple category. Lavender is quiet, calm, matches most outfits, and can be appropriately worn in both the spring and fall. Let me show you the difference:

VS.


 See the difference? Now you understand.

Today I was studying in the Student Center when  I decided to take a bathroom break. If you've ever had the privilege to study with me, you'd know that I take lots of bathroom breaks. Reason A: I don't like the feel of paper and pencil residue on my hands, so I wash them a lot. Reason B: I get bored when I study...
I decide to take a little bathroom break to wash my hands. I quietly walk out of the study room that I was sharing with my at-one-time-roomie and quickly glance into the next room's window. In that one quick glance, BOOM: purple explosion. A pale lavender accent did NOT fill the small room. No, it was a purple explosion.

On the way back from the bathroom, after I thought I had sufficiently washed the purple away from my eyes, I SAW IT AGAIN. A purple NorthFace backpack, purple FUZZY laptop case, purple jacket.

Too much-

Actually, come to think of it....If you have that much of the same color in one room, hide something under the table.

3 comments:

  1. Without meaning to, I've been wearing a LOT of pink... er, correction- HOT pink. :c ..help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love & miss u ! this was another good one.U made my day *hugs*
    AUNT DEBBIE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Male perspective: Pretty much the same color, but purple takes less time to say, so purple it is

    ReplyDelete