Monday, August 23, 2010

Quad Fighting

Tonight I was tired, hungry and had gotten off of work pretty late. Me being an economically driven college student, I decided it was a better choice to drive to Snelling (a 24 hour dining hall) instead of the drive thru at Chic-f-la. Yeah, go me.

I finally found a parking spot somewhere close to the location of the said dining hall and began my adventure through cross walks and up stairs, around and around. Now, it was dark. When I say dark, I mean I darted across the road in attempts to get under a flickering street light. If the darkness and creepy strobe light lamp were not bad enough, the moon was/is full tonight. I have a fascination with the moon and although my favorite is when it takes on the color of butter, tonight was a treat: clear skies and full moon. I was semi-enjoying my walk when I hear this "clank, clank" sound from the quad located near the dining hall.

This was enough to send me STRAIT UP into a panic. I mean think about it: moon, lamp, darkness, weird "clank, clank" sound. This was a recipe for horror film and naturally I decided to investigate. Face those fears head on, right? As I got closer to the "clank, clank" I noticed tons (ehhh 10 or 15) people fighting. Literally. Swords hitting together were the cause of the "clank, clank." For a moment this seemed normally and I continued to walk towards my grub. But, as I continued to walk, I realized this was weird. Let's go over this again: darkness, strobe light lamp, full moon, "clank, clank," people in armor? 

At first, this was okay, then it was weird, then I began to feel sorry for these participants. They were willingly fighting each other. Why? Is this a hobby? Was someone filming this? I mean, each to his own. I go shopping. I listen to grueling rap music. I go to football games. Some people sword fight at 9:30pm with metal swords and armor while the moon is full and lamp posts are flickering. No big deal.  Right? Right?

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a normal day for u ! ;-)

    Luvs , Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Sydney, and I am following you now. I am just catching up your blog. Anyway,this is very funny and very weird... I hate walking alone at night because you never know! I like your blog by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete